Sunday, June 7, 2015

Wisdom From a Local Enlightened Squirrel...

A few days ago, I looked out our dining room window and was ecstatic to see little Skittles hanging out around a tree right in front of our house! For those of you who missed the story about our little orphaned squirrel, you can catch up here:
http://lisevilleneuve.blogspot.ca/2015/05/my-love-story-with-rodent.html

The kids and I happily followed Skittles to the park across the street and spent about 30 delightful minutes with him. How did we know it really was Skittles? Well, for one thing, he let Emma pet him! Also, a mom (or foster mom) easily recognizes her baby! :) I can't express enough how happy I am to know that he is thriving back in his natural environment. The fact that he comes over to visit is like icing on the cake!

This squirrel story has allowed the children and I to experience a pure, simple joy of Being that emanates from deep within us. We feel overwhelming Love and a strong connection towards this little creature who needed a helping hand. Even writing about it now, I am intoxicated by this feeling of warmth and oneness. I wish I could upload the feeling right here on this blog and you could spontaneously experience it with the click of a button! But maybe you can think back of a time when you felt something similar? Holding your baby for the first time? Spending some time with your pet? Watching a beautiful sunset? Being with someone who loves you unconditionally? Are you able to tap into that feeling? Doesn't it feel incredible?

I gotta say, Skittles' visit was perfect timing this week, because I've been going through some pretty heavy stuff lately. I've been "purging" old emotions, letting go of past beliefs and conditionings, and it's been a little exhausting! Skittles (who looks a bit like Yoda at times!) reminded me that I always have access to this beautiful inner-peace, if I can simply allow myself to dive into it. When times get stressful and challenging (as they inevitably will, thanks to the ego), we can always find something beautiful and uplifting to focus on, even if it's a memory in our past. The simple act of going back to that feeling changes our mood, raises our vibration and improves our outlook on life. Skittles says " Breathe in the light, exhale the old, stale energy and imagine it going back down to the core of the Earth. Use the force." Lol.

Perhaps Skittles is an old soul who came back in this life as a squirrel to help us poor humans evolve! Or not. But here's something else he made me remember. Whenever we feel bad, overwhelmed with negative emotions and powerless, it means there's a gap between where we currently are, and where we want to be. In this "gap" that sometimes feels like hell, we hold on to many unmet desires (they may be conscious or unconscious) and the frustration we feel comes from our inability to meet these needs and to get ourselves to that "place" our souls know we want to be. Makes sense?

It's empowering to realize this because instead of staying stuck and blinded by our frustration and despair, we can start to ask ourselves "what would I rather experience instead?", "where would I rather be?", "what would I prefer?" By taking our focus off what's dragging us down, we stop hemorrhaging all our energy into negative thoughts and we can start to move towards our desires. Feeling bad allows us to understand what we really want, but we have to be able to get up, figure out what that is, and go get it. A good place to start is to gravitate towards whatever brings us a feeling of relief. What can you do today that will give you that sense of relief? For me, it's going outside, getting some fresh air and sunshine. Thanks for reading, have a good week!

Warmly,

Lise
Health Coach / Reiki Master
www.lisevilleneuve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment