Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What I Saw Broke My Heart Today...


Today I witnessed something that truly broke my heart. I was at the grocery store focusing on different kinds of Naan bread, to be exact, when I heard a woman next to me harshly yelling at her two or three year old son who was sitting at the front of the cart. She said "No, you're not allowed to touch that, now I have to bring it back and take another one." She then gave the little boy not just one, but three hard slaps on his left shoulder. Tears were rolling down the infant's big cheeks, as he was holding his shoulder in pain.

When the (pregnant) mother left to go grab another one of whatever it was her child had touched, the little boy looked at me and it's as though I could feel his despair all through my body. His little brown eyes were saying "help me, what's going on, why I am being punished, what have I done, am I bad?" My heart ached for him, and to be honest, I just instinctively wanted to rescue him and shower him with love and affection. The mom came back and off they went, but I could still hear that boy crying across the store for the entire duration of our shopping trip.

I asked myself what I could do (besides sending love and light to that child and his mother). I could give the mom my phone number and offer to babysit her boy once in awhile in order to allow her to get the proper rest and care she needs, but there's a strong chance that would insult and make her defensive. I could call the police (social services), but that wouldn't solve anything in the long term, and the sad thing is I'm sure there are cases that are much, much worse than what I witnessed today. So I decided to at least write about it.

What I feel towards the mom is compassion, because I know she can only operate from her current level of consciousness. If she were able to act differently, she would have, but many unconscious conditionings are still at work within her. Perhaps her own parents treated her this way. She is probably completely unaware that the anger she felt and directed towards a helpless child comes from deep within her, not from her son's behaviour. Nobody can make us feel anything unless that emotion is already present inside us. The many triggers in our lives make us react, they remind us that we have inner-wounds, but they are not the real cause of our feelings. They show us exactly where we have some healing to do. Nobody's perfect, but we can always strive to do better.

I know that beyond all the madness and cruelty of this world, everything is in Divine perfect order when it is perceived from a higher perspective. Nothing is random, including the family a soul chooses to incarnate in. Still, it's excruciatingly painful to watch beautiful, radiant, innocent, helpless children be the recipients of anything less than Love. My wish is that all parents make a committed effort to become as conscious as possible, for the sake of their own children.

Warmly,

Lise
www.lisevilleneuve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment