Friday, October 9, 2020

What are You Waiting For?


Waking Up: Personal Insights from my Journey

Here are a few highlights from this week's daily posts on the Conscious Living facebook page. Please join me on facebook for a more interactive and personal experience.

  October 7, 2020

The Cat Whisperer

Three little angels came to visit me in my garden today. The oldest one, aged 8, rushed towards me, leaving her mom and sisters far behind on the sidewalk. She spotted our cat and asked: “Can I give some catmint to Mitsy?” She had learned during her last educational visit in our garden that catmint is a lovely purple-flowered plant that instantly drugs cats by chilling them right out. “Of course, you can!”, I replied. This sweet girl had been trying to get close enough to Mitsy to pet her for a couple of weeks now, without success. 

Mitsy is very shy and reserved with strangers, even on cat drugs. Today, the little brown-haired angel had a plan, and her confidence was visible. She approached Mitsy very slowly, fed her the catmint from a distance, then gently started to pet her! Next thing I knew, Mitsy was rolling around on the ground, showing her belly and purring! The little girl was beaming with delight. She even asked to pick Mitsy up and I wasn’t too sure how that would turn out, but the fat furry feline was like putty in her little hands.

The moral of the story? Drugging cats with catmint is very effective. Just kidding. Today, a child reminded me that anything is possible with a little faith & determination, a clear goal, and an open-heart willing to take a chance. What do you want to accomplish today? Enjoying the journey is more important than reaching the final destination. Have fun with it, whatever that is!


October 8, 2020

Doing the Dishes

We can turn anything into a practice if we want to. When I do the dishes, I focus on my breathing and the sensations I experience: the warm water on my hands, the sounds of splashing, the smell of the soap, the shapes and colors of the little soap bubbles…etc. It’s very relaxing.

When thoughts arise, I simply watch them and then let them go, just like I am rinsing away the soap on the clean dishes. There is no struggle. See if you can notice your thoughts when you are working in your kitchen. Be gentle! Thoughts are like children crying for our attention. They can be lovingly acknowledged but we don’t have to get lost in them.


October 9, 2020

Putting Things in Perspective

As I am sitting here in my car, parked in a lovely area surrounded by wide open fields of grass and tall trees decorated with yellow and orange leaves, the sound of the falling raindrops on the roof relaxes me like a lullaby. I am waiting for my daughter to finish writing her biology quiz at school. Its so tranquil here. The rain whispers to me: “Why wait? Life is right here, right now. This is it! Enjoy it!”

It’s true. If we spend most of our time wishing we were somewhere else, doing something more important that will bring us more satisfaction in the future, then our life will slip right through our fingers, and in the end, we won’t be fulfilled. What could be more important, more alive and real than this very moment?

Here I am, sitting in a car that is supported by the Earth – an entire planet that is floating in empty space and spinning at 67 000 miles per hour around the Sun! Now that puts things in perspective. What exactly am I waiting for? What are you waiting for?

Peace,

Lise Villeneuve / www.consciouslivingsolutions.com

Please join me on the Conscious Living facebook page for more personal posts not published here.


No comments:

Post a Comment