Monday, April 20, 2015

Do You Even Know Who You Are?

I currently have no access to internet and I'm most likely hanging out at the beach in Cuba right now (unless my plane crashed). Thanks to the scheduling tool on this blog, this post I wrote at home last week is being published today. Gotta love technology!

So I'm in Varadero, and hopefully my plan to surprise my friends from Ottawa worked! I know at which hotel they are staying here in Cuba and my plan is to just show up and surprise them because they obviously are not expecting me. I hope I don't ruin their vacation...lol!

As much fun as my future self must be having in the tropics at the moment, I know that by now I must be missing the kids, Rob, Precious (our cat) and all the little comforts of home. I probably miss the morning cuddles Théo and I share every day, as he climbs into my bed and kisses me gently on the cheek. I probably miss hearing about Emma's latest project / idea, that she shares with such enthusiasm. I possibly miss hearing Rob's ridiculous songs he sings out loud shamelessly in the kitchen. I might even miss Precious attacking my leg and climbing all the way up my back with her claws. I'm not even being sarcastic here!

Yup, I am away from everything that gives meaning to my life right now (with the exception of alcohol). All jokes aside, this is a great opportunity for me to notice how attached I am to my usual routine and to the roles I constantly play as a mom / teacher / wife. All of that has been stripped away from me for a week. I get a clean slate to explore a different world, both internal and external. It's important to do that every once in a while, even for just a few hours if we can.

Our true identity goes way beyond the different ego-based roles we play. This week, I challenge you to notice the subtle differences in your personality, your tone of voice, your attitude, as you shift from parent, to friend, to employee, to lover, to teacher, to customer...etc. We are all of these Selves, and none of them at the same time. We are powerful spiritual beings in a physical world. Sometimes we forget that, and we get lost in the roles we play so well. We are the witness, the observer who watches behind the different masks we put on.

Hasta la vista,

Lise
Health Coach and Reiki Master
www.lisevilleneuve.com




No comments:

Post a Comment