Monday, May 11, 2015

I Dare You To Answer This Single Question...


Dear S,

I'll call you S for privacy's sake. At this point, you don't even know I'm writing this blog to you, but you probably will soon. So that you may identify yourself as being "S", please answer the following questions. If the answer to all of these is "yes", then congratulations, you are most likely "S"!

1) Did you mow your lawn yesterday (May 10, 2015)?
2) Do you like to sail?
3) Do you frequently eat yogurt in the morning?
4) Are you a runner?
5) Are you the youngest of 7?

Hi "S", how are you today? ;) If you are not "S", that's ok, I still have an important question for you too. Keep reading!

"S", I was wondering if you'd consider anonymously having open-hearted discussions with me on this blog? The reason why I ask is because I know that you have the potential to help many, many people simply by sharing what you are going through right now. Without having to reveal any details about your personal life or identity, if you had the courage to openly talk about what you are going through (prompted by questions that I will be asking you), I think that it would help you gain clarity and accountability, and it would certainly inspire others who are experiencing similar challenges right now. You are a brilliant individual and your perspective is important and valid, that's why I'm suggesting this exercise. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business!

Think about it, and if it's something you'd consider, I suggest you create an anonymous email and reply to this post in the comments below. Oh, and if the idea is scaring you to death...good, it's supposed to!;) I'd love to be able to gradually help you along on this journey and offer you some feedback that could also be helpful to others. Win-win-win, right?

I'll start off with a single question, and I encourage / dare anyone to answer it in the comments below (maybe we could have multiple participants?) Here goes: Can you think of a time when you felt the happiest you've ever been? What was it about that time that made you feel so good? Be specific.

Warmly,

Lise
Health Coach / Reiki Master
www.lisevilleneuve.com

4 comments:

  1. Mountain hiking with my grandfather, gathering mushrooms, flowers, medicinal herbs. In the mountains and away from things and people, one is peaceful, silent and fully taken by the beauty of this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing...and I didn't realize it was that easy to comment as "anonymous". For anyone interested in leaving a comment, you can quickly select "reply as anonymous" in the scroll down menu.

      Delete
    2. Hi LIse

      I can safely answer yes to the persona of S - Would be glad to participate and look forward to whatever happens next, My email address for this exercise is - indominablespirit@gmx.co.uk - i know you will smile at this email address Lise, it pretty much sums up who i was and whom i will become in the future, Thanks for the privilege to work with you .

      My happiest times ? well thats a serious question, for me it was back in a time when life was simpler, life was complete, friends , career, money, love all good. ( at least in my head) A worry free existence for that special time when the months flew past and life had a special spark to it - mid 90s. Times spent in the US and Europe.

      Looking back there was much more colour and clarity, whatever happened? life, and the uncontrollable nature of the world we live in.- The ego within not developing or being questioned, lack of self awareness and a desire to satisfy the people that mattered most at the expense of self.

      I hope the above kickstarts the minds of others in a positive way.

      S

      Delete
    3. Awesome, S! -indominable spirit! :) (or is it indomitable?). Welcome aboard the blog ride! Let's see where this exchange takes us, I have no preconceived notions at this point. Thanks for your willingness to participate. Will write more later.

      Delete