Thursday, July 13, 2017

My Spiritual Diary: Week 3


Day 1:

To be honest, I find that relationships are the biggest challenge on the path towards self-realization. In many ways, becoming a hermit, a monk or a nun is easier than swimming daily in the unconscious currents of the world. However, it's through these sometimes difficult interactions with the people who are closest to us that our illusions become shattered. This is a good thing, because shattered illusions mean we are getting closer to the ultimate Reality. I am learning that every kind of relationship -whether it's with a lover, a parent, a child, a friend or a co-worker- is defined through the perspective and expectations of the egos involved. By default, a relationship implies separation: two people, different views, differents needs, different wants. Relationships between individuals are constantly changing and evolving, therefore they must continually be redefined and renegociated. This is all part of the great illusion -the game we're in. As our illusions shatter one by one, we begin to see that there is only truly One relationship. There is only unconditional Love. But the ego is already disagreeing with me!

Day 2:

I am sitting in the garden with my bare feet touching the ground. I am physically and mentally grounding myself. After only about 10 minutes of doing this, I already feel more relaxed. I think my cat Mitsy knows this too, as she's rolling on the ground next to me, purring. Touching trees also does wonders for grounding. Reconnecting to Mother Earth daily is important for our health, and it just feels soooo good!

Day 3:

There is so much mental noise exchanged in conversations. Silence allows the being-ness and the fundamental Love to shine through to Other. Most of the content exchanged verbally generally has to do with labelling, defining the perceived separation, justifying positionalities, planning the future or dwelling on the past. Sometimes important, valuable information is being shared or exchanged, but very often, if we are very honest with ourselves, we can notice how much of what we say originates from the ego's deep insecurities and need for validation. Most of the time, my prefence is to stay quiet, but that can be pretty boring or even awkward, because we, "socialized beings" have been taught that there is something fundamentally wrong with silence during a conversation. Would you agree?


Day 4:

It's easy to feel blissful these days, with such beauty all around me! I am in Love with the fragrant flowers, the tranquil trees and the varicoloured vegetables growing everywhere. I even welcome weeds these days because I am learning all about how to use them as food and medicine. Each morning, I am surprised by the new bloom of the day. Today, I was pleased to see how this gorgeous Delphinium plant just popped up without having been officially planted. Mother Nature, you are truly amazing!

Day 5:

I picked up a little book at the Edmonton library and finished it in an evening. It's called I Knew Their Hearts, by Jeff Olsen. Wow! It's a heart-breaking, eye-opening, inspiring true story. Here is a quote from the book:

"I felt the hustle and unrest of the hallway of a hospital. I watched the doctors and nurses as they went about their duties. I moved with ease all around them. I realized none of them were aware of me. They could not see me, but -wow-could I see them! My perceptions were expanded. I knew each person I saw perfectly. I knew their joys and their sorrows. I knew their love, their hate, their pain, and their secrets. I knew everything about them, every detail, every motivation, and every outcome. I knew every emotion they were feeling, and I knew intuitively why they were feeling it. In an instant, with no contemplation, I knew them as well as I knew myself. I knew their hearts."

What a beautiful description and manifestation of Oneness! If only each one of us could experience this for one hour, all our illusions of separation would be shattered! The world as we know it would change in an instant.

All the best,

Lise Villeneuve
www.lisevilleneuve.com

2 comments:

  1. You are me. I am you. Enjoy your flight to Riga, Latvia, tomorrow. You will sing and smile and feel the joy and bliss of letting your voice be the medium to express the love that is ever present everywhere on the face of this earth.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not have said it better myself! :) Bon voyage cher ami! xox

    ReplyDelete