Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Spiritual Diary: Week 5

Day 1:

Smoking weed never really had an effect on me. It just made me want to climb to the top of trees -but that's quite normal in my world. However, I suspect that my "normal" reality might be a tad different. I love that sign in the picture above because I sort of feel like I'm exiting reality every morning when I wake up. No, I don't smoke weed for breakfast. It's as though real-life is the dream and at night, the dream-world is a place where I can be free, unbounded and whole again. When I come back to the density of the 3rd dimension, it sometimes feels like a play, or a movie. When you go through life reminding your Self that you are more than this limited, physical body; more than your random thoughts; more than these sometimes overwhelming emotions and perceptions, then "Reality" has to be redefined daily. That's where I live. Perhaps I should join Le Cirque du Soleil? ;) I'm sure many of you can relate perfectly. What's your reality like?

Day 2:

Today, I am reminded that it's all about JOY, my friends! When we feel joyful and at peace, we can be confident that we are aligned with our higher Self -we're on the right track! When we feel those negative emotions, it's a signal that tells us we're off track -we're not doing or thinking what serves our greatest good. Negative emotions are an opportunity, an invitation to change or heal something in our life. My measure of success used to be money, status, busy-ness...etc. Now, it's simply joy. What about you?

Day 3:

All this time, I've been rejecting you, wishing you would just go away. How cruel and heartless I have been! Now, I see how loving, giving, nurturing and wise you really are. Baby, we have truly come full-circle, because I think we may now have the hottest romance of 2017. I used to rip your guts right out and leave them to dry, but now I have seen the light. My dear, sweet weeds, please forgive me. I had no idea you were such delicious superfoods! All you ever wanted to do was to freely give us a plethora of vitamins and minerals that are superior to most supplements on the market! You have shown me a whole new universe of possibilities, filled with recipes, medicinal remedies, even beauty products all made from your sweet little leaves and roots! How I love you, dear weeds! Thank you for allowing me to notice the true abundance all around me. I was blind but now I see. Chickweed pesto, anyone?

 

(Charts taken from The Wild Wisdom of Weeds, by Katrina Blair) 

Day 4:

I am so unapologetically enthusiastic about weeds these days that I want to share this new, empowering knowledge with everyone! I made another wooden sign with 12 of the most beneficial and common weeds that can be found all over the world. Someone in Edmonton was just telling me how he literally survived by foraging plants in the forest for a full year. Unbelievable!

Day 5:

I could never go back to living a life where I don't have daily contact with the earth and the plants. Growing my own food has become a way of life that is so fulfilling and nurturing. It doesn't necessarily require a lot of space, either. You can get a lot of satisfaction simply by growing a few things in small pots. Living in harmony with nature is truly a spiritual experience. This quote from The Wild Wisdom of Weeds by Katrina Blair sums it up beautifully:

"All beings have a sacred purpose here on Earth, and we engage in a noble contract when we experience life's give and take as a dance of sacred interconnectedness. To participate fully requires us to humbly surrender to a larger dynamic exchange. When we surrender to each other we welcome another life force into our being to become us. In the same way, when we eat plants, they become integral to our being. The plant makes up our bones, skin, and cellular structure. The plant's essence infuses with our mind / heart. The plant's rooted intelligence from living outside in the weather; under the sun, moon, and starts; connected to the soil ecology; and tied intimately to the water of the land merges with our consciousness -creating an expansive sense of ourselves. By accepting that we need each other in respectful appreciation, the cycle of life sustains itself. This is the sacred act of reciprocal appropriation."

Wishing you a fabulous and wild week!

Lise
www.lisevilleneuve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment