Friday, August 18, 2017

My Spiritual Diary: Week 8

As I sat down to write this entry, my computer could not connect to the internet because somehow, its clock was back to November 27, 2009. To reset it, I had to manually move forward in time, month by month, up to today. As I watched all those months fly by, I imagined, in an accelerated version, how quickly my kids were growing, changing, learning and becoming more independent right before my eyes! To be honest, I felt a little nostalgic. Coincidentally, a couple days ago my dad sent me this picture of Emma and I taken about 10 years ago. My heart just about melted when I saw how small she was.

Today, of all days, we are celebrating Emma's 13th birthday. She's currently at the mall with a group of friends and the gang should drop in any minute for a sleepover. How did she grow up so fast? As I look back on all this time that has slipped by, I ask myself "what do I remember that matters the most?" "what do the kids remember that will have the greatest impact on their lives?"

The truth is, I only remember a small fraction of the events that happened during this time. We did a lot of fun things, learned plenty, travelled, reached important milestones, overcame some challenges, made new friends and the list goes on. But, surprisingly, none of those things really stand out in my memory. What does stand out is a timeless feeling of deep love and connection. It's very much alive in the here and now, as much as it was present in that old picture. Time cannot steal this powerful force that radiates from my heart, connecting me to the ones I love, nor could it ever erase it from my memory, because it is visceral, formless and eternal.

It may sound cheesy, but it's true. Love is the most powerful force in the Universe, and it's really all that matters in the end. The rest is just a distraction, and we probably won't remember it anyway. Every second of every day, we can choose to be present, fully alive and loving with ourselves and others. In this state, we are fully aligned with our greatest potential and we can co-create miracles.

Lots of Love,

Lise
www.lisevilleneuve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment