Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What Do Beethoven, Shakespeare, Mother Teresa And Billy Crystal Have In Common?

What Do Beethoven, Shakespeare, Mother Teresa And Billy Crystal Have In Common?

They all have large foreheads? Guess again! They are all INFJ's...and so am I.

Huh? INFJ's? Integrative Nutrition's First Juicers? Not quite. 

This stands for Introverted / Intuitive / Feeling / Judging. This is a personality type based on the Myers-Briggs (Carl Jung) psychology test designed to highlight a person's strengths and preferences. These four famous individuals apparently were all INFJ's such as myself (so I should be famous any day now, right?:)

Part of our homework this week at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition was to take the test and see if the results surprised us. That's right, we had to psychoanalyze ourselves! Having a degree in Psychology, I'm quite familiar with these kinds of tests, and I must say I was a little reluctant to take it. Why? Probably because I've read too many Eckhart Tolle books! I've been slowly shifting away from wanting to hold on to a certain mental construct of who I am (my story, my personality, my limiting beliefs). Instead, I've been moving towards letting go of these "labels" to just try and BE without analyzing it too much. Maybe this makes no sense to you at all, but that's ok, cause I took the damn test!

Drum roll please...the results...

It was nice to read that working as a Health Coach is probably a good fit for me:

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately. Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

INFJs are effective in occupations involving substantial intellectual work, caring for other people, and requiring creativity. INFJs build successful careers in a broad range of organizations. Social and community care services, counseling, teachers of humanities and social sciences, healthcare workers, various service-oriented professions.


Apparently, I have a reputation as a "prophet and seer"....(LoL!)

Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.

Anyways, if you really want to psychoanalyze me, feel free to read the entire INFJ profile!

And what about you? What type are you? This website allows you to take an abbreviated version of the test online in about 5-10 minutes and then gives you the results and even suggests good career choices for you. Let me know how you did! Any other INFJ's out there?

Warmly, 


No comments:

Post a Comment