Monday, January 27, 2014

The Test Results Are In...

Well, I just took exam # 1 out of 4 that I'll have to take this year as a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Because the test was an online, open book exam, I felt pretty confident that I didn't need to study or review the material we covered since October 2013. The things we learn at this holistic nutrition school resonate with me so much that they just seem to "sink in" effortlessly. Or do they really? After all, it's been quite a few years since I wrote exams for my degree in Psychology. Is my brain still as reliable as it used to be?

I must admit I was a little stressed about taking the first test, not knowing what to expect, and fearing that I may be a little too "overconfident" about my new knowledge learned at the IIN. I never took any notes, I just listened to the lectures and read the assigned material. The passing grade is 70%. I'm proud to say I got 100%. Yay! It was a piece of cake (low-fat, gluten-free cake, of course!) It feels great to be done and to not have to stress about "should I study?, am I really ready to take the test now?" Till the next test...

But anyway, I shouldn't be too proud of myself about this. Are exams really a valid measure of intelligence? Albert Einstein would probably disagree!

Still, I'm going to celebrate my mistake-free performance tonight. How? You'll have to use your imagination for that one...

Warmly,

Lise 
www.lisevilleneuve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment