Sunday, February 22, 2015

Look What I Made! :)


I've never made real jewelry before. I didn't even know it could be an activity I'd enjoy...until I tried it this week! Not that I'm particularly skilled at it, or want to make a sudden career change, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed getting lost in the colourful world of beads and crystals! There was no pressure to perform, I was simply playing, experimenting, enjoying the process...and now I have 11 new pairs of earrings! Emma was super eager to jump in and participate, and as a result of this little experiment, she decided to get her ears pierced a couple days ago!

I've had a growing interest in real crystals and their different properties. When we were in Cancun last January, I talked to a few Mexican jewelry makers and I was really drawn to many of their beautiful earrings, bracelets and necklaces. I bought amethyst, rose quartz and turquoise pieces, and I just love how they feel. What are your favourite stones?

I just wanted to mention how good it feels to express our creativity, to give ourselves many opportunities to just play and explore, even though we may not know what the heck we are doing! Our purpose should ultimately be to follow our bliss. At the end of the day, our success should be measured by the amount of joy we experienced.

Warmly,

Lise
www.lisevilleneuve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment